Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking To 2009

After spending a lovely evening at home with friends to ring in the New Year, complete with homemade limoncello and rum cake, Charlie Bravo and I went for a long and beautiful hike today.
photo - Wildcat Canyon Regional Park
(that's me in the middle, always trying to get Charlie Bravo to catch me in my dorkiness mid-air...doesn't always work)
It was the perfect way to welcome 2009. I'm tired and sore, but I'm feeling really great, renewed and just excited about the year ahead. 2008 was such a big year for me and my little business and I feel so very blessed. So much support came from friends and family (thank you guys :) but also from people I have never met in person, just over the internet - bloggers who featured my work, other small business owners with advice, lovely customers, people who just left inspiring and thoughtful comments. You all ROCK!

Last year, at this time, I wrote down goals for the year ahead. Looking back on them, I think I did pretty good. The website is the main thing that didn't happen, but it'll be up the next few weeks and I can't wait! Here are few for this year:
  • Hire an assistant part time
  • Find a bigger work space
  • Collaborate with other artists on combined designs
  • Get my pillows going! (I'm giving myself until the end of the year for this one)
  • Collaborate with shops creating some exclusive pieces
  • Make some smaller, limited edition designs
Happy New Year to anyone who comes to visit me here. I hope it is filled with a lot of love, happiness, good friends, good food and a year where you start to make your dreams a reality.
Well, goodbye 2008 and hellllloooooo 2009! So nice to meet you.

2 comments:

zoe said...

Hello!!
Happy New year!!
2 things:
1. I saw your pieces in the Ferry Building while I was home, YAY! it was great to finally see them in person.
2. I'm moving back to CA in Feb, so we must hang out!!!
zoe

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty,

Happy New Year. Congratulations on your new website! It looks great. What a great accomplishment.

We met at the Stockings and Stilettos show in December. I was 2 booths down from you and we talked about Vertical Response. Good luck in the new year!

Sally